Monday 20 August 2012

WEEK 5: THE SUBLIMINAL

SCREENSHOTS

VEGETATION



DECALS


BRUSHES


ENTITIES



INDEPENDENT STUDY

I've had a play around with how to manipulate my letter and number (M5) within my terrain. Firstly I have shaped my island as "M5", so when you view it in birds eye view, you can see the M5 vaguely.
 

Next, I wanted to try something related with the shadows. So I had a play around with the shadows being cast by the objects. Although it is not obvious that it is shaped as a "M", it can vaguely make it out. 
This one is quite obvious, because I just placed 5 points here. I want to somehow make it less obvious. 
I also played around with manipulating the terrain to form a "M". Also by only looking into this view, you can also see the 5 boats located behind it.
 


VIDEO INSPIRATIONS 
I went onto youtube and had a look at a few movie trailers that were kind of related to my island.
Jurassic Park (0:00-1:30mins)


Stephen's recommendations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE7o8RMoQPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Xw4RRRblM

No comments:

Post a Comment